Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Free Agency Day 1

The hawks were a 5-11 team last year that were coached up and a little lucky to get to 7-9. They were blown out in most losses and couldn't win any games down the stretch to ice the division (especially the SF game). They are also going to start 2 rookies on the O line and 2 second year players (okung and unger who I count as a 2nd year guy as he missed all year in 2010). That said, I think putting someone younger and more mobile at QB is a good idea. I do not think the team is stressing QB play as they want to run the ball and play defense. Unfortunately the defense is going to be really bad, but that is besides the point.

I think this year they will go 5-11 and I think that sets us up well for drafting one of the top 2 or 3 QBs (especially given the fact that a lot of teams drafted QBs last year). Maybe someone will fall to us...who knows.

While I was a Hasselbeck fan, I didn't want him to return as now the team can embrace a major rebuild.

Sidney rice would be nice, but I don't think he makes much of a difference. I would rather they signed a big time corner or a D lineman.

No comments:

Post a Comment