Welcome to Camp Carroll 3.0. Here are a few things I am interested in this summer:
1) Who will play quarterback this season? This one is obvious but also the most important. If the team is going to take another step forward this year, better QB play is essential–especially in the last 4 minutes of each half.
2) The competition at receiver. Consistent and improved play for the WRs is also important for overall offensive growth. Yes the Seahawks want to be a running offense, but this is a passing league, so a running game alone is not enough. Who will emerge across from Sidney Rice? Will Rice's shoulders hold up? Will the Hawks actually utilize one or bath of their tight ends in the passing game? Will Doug Baldwin have a sophomore slump? Will Golden Tate finally figure it out? Can Ricardo Lockette demonstrate the tools to play regularly?
3) Will the O–line contine to develop? This unit made huge strides from game 1 to game 16 last year. Will the contine to get better? Will Moffitt be ready to go at RG? Can Okung stay healthy? Who will start at LG...Duece Lutui, McQuistan, or someone else? Will Carpenter play this year? And Where?
4) Who replaces the Heater? Can Bobby Wagner step right in at Mike? Will KJ Wright end up switching to the middle? What about Barrett Ruud, does he have anything left in the tank? Will the Hawks play more 5-2 this year, and if so, who will be the two LBs on the field?
5) Who will be the biggest surprise to make the team? Every year someone off the street proves that they should have been drafted. Will the Hawks be able to find this year's Doug Baldwin or Brandon Browner? Has the team gotten deeper so that rookies will make less of an impact?